Today we'll be looking at the Crud-Creek Nosepickers Snotling team which was released along side Spike! Journal issue 10 at the end of August 2020. You can see the team assembled and painted here.
I have been listing positionals in the boxes up until recently. However, the roster changes that came with the Blood Bowl Third Season Edition mean that you can only have as many positionals as come in the box. So, it feels a bit superfluous to list them, but for continuity and ease of access to the information I'll keep it going. I'll go back and update the info on the old posts with the new limits once I have completed all the teams.
You get 20 miniatures in this box which is great.
- 12 Linemen
- 2 Fungus Flingas
- 2 Fun-hoppas
- 2 Stilty Runnas
- 2 Pump Wagons
Front of the box. I actually bought the team back in 2020 when it still came in the black edged box, i might have been a bit too excited to dig in and get my mitts on some greebly snotlings that I forgot to take pictures of the sprues before I demolished them.
Back of the box. The team comes without any transfer decals. I know there isn't much space on the miniatures but from my perspective, people tend to use transfers to put positional names on the bases and when they aren't provided it feels like we're being shortchanged. Although, we are getting 20 minis so I shouldn't complain.
I won't keep you waiting until the end of the post. I know you all just came here to find out what is on the pull tab. They did put a snotling on here so good job. Considering that we were reading the leaked rules of Blood Bowl 2020 before the release of the snotling team, they might have designed both boxes before release. However, the snotling in a ball costume that features on the tab isn't in this team. It actually came on the Goblin team sprue released in 2017.
You get 2 copies of 2 different half sized sprues which makes me wonder, why not one normal size? Does it have to do with the pressure across the sprue and getting reliably small details? If anyone knows please let us know in the comments.
Some people have been complaining about how hard the pump wagon was to put together but I didn't have any problems with it. I understand the thumb on the witch elf but this isn't that finicky, just a lot of pieces so might be a skill issue 😜
Page 1 & 8, assembly instructions for the Snotling team. It was interesting to compare the two instruction manuals between the 2016 box and 2020. Not interesting enough to put the pictures here but they did tweak the instructions:
- Updated the rules
- Darkened the bases and gave them the right height
- Renamed all steps to include a letter rather than progressing numerically
- Changed the layout on a lot of steps
- Changed the opacity of various elements
Page 2-3. Assembly instructions for the Snotling team.
Page 4-5. Assembly instructions for the Snotling team.
Page 6-7. Assembly instructions for the Snotling team.











Comments
Post a Comment